Last Days Prophecy
to our Web Site
The Great White Throne Judgment
ALL the unsaved of ALL ages shall stand before the awesome Judge in what the Bible calls the Great White Throne Judgment. For me to even begin to imagine this, is most disturbing and burdensome. This is why I try to reach people for Jesus. I do NOT want anyone to stand before this terrifying, horrific and gruesome event in all of Scripture.
So, where are the souls of all these people? They are kept confined in a place called Hades . . . which is the temporary Hell. It is a holding place, a secure prison, to house all the unsaved for this significant event . . . the Great White Throne Judgment! NOT one of these unsaved can escape their turn before the Judge! NOT one! ALL unsaved souls shall hear the verdict: "The Lake of Fire."
Hades (Hell) is a temporary place of torment that these souls are kept in until they have to appear before God in this final judgment, which will then determine their eternal fate once and for all. Hades is a temporary place of torment where all unbelievers go to before this final judgment comes to pass.
Revelation 20:11-14 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 
And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. (KJV)
The Great White Throne Judgment means utter destruction of the devil’s kingdom and all his children (1 John 3:10). It shall be the day of judgment, where every person shall give account of him/her self. This judgment shall determine every person's eternal state; and I feel certain that there will be a judgment when we see the prince of this world is judged (John 16:11). May the Lord help us to firmly believe this doctrine of the judgment to come. It is the doctrine that made Felix tremble (Acts 24:24-25). The above Scripture gives us a brief glimpse of it.
- #1 . . . the throne, and majestic court of justice, great and white, glorious and perfectly just and righteous. It will NOT be as some courts today, thrones of iniquity, that establishes wickedness by a law.
- #2. The appearance of the Judge, which is the Lord Jesus Christ, who then puts on such majesty and terror that the earth and the heaven flee from his face, and there is no place found for them. There is a termination of the whole frame of nature (2 Pet.3:10).
- # 3. The persons to be judged (vs.12): The dead, small and great; meaning young and old, low and high, poor and rich. None are so poor and common that they do not have some talents to account for, and NONE so great as to avoid the jurisdiction of this court. This goes for ALL that are found alive at the coming of Christ, PLUS all who have died before; the grave shall surrender the bodies of people, Hell shall surrender the souls of the wicked, the sea shall surrender the many who seemed to have been lost in it.
- #4. The rule of judgment: The books were opened. What books? The books of God’s omniscience, who is greater than our consciences, and knows all things (there is a book of remembrance . . . for both good and bad); and the book of the sinner’s conscience, which, though formerly secret, will now be opened. And another book shall be opened . . . the book of the Scriptures, the statute-book of heaven, the rule of life (John 12:48). This book is opened as containing the law, the touchstone by which the hearts and lives of men are to be tried. This book determines matter of right; the other books give evidence of matters of fact. Some, by the other book, called the book of life, understand the book of God’s eternal counsels; but that does not seem to belong to the affair of judgment: in eternal election God does not act judicially, but with absolute sovereign freedom.
- #5. The cause to be tried; and that is, the works of men, what they have done and whether it be good or evil. By their works men shall be justified or condemned; for though God knows their state and their principles, and looks chiefly at these, yet, being to approve himself to angels and men as a righteous God, he will try their principles by their practices, and so will be justified when he speaks and clear when he judges.
- #6. The issue of the trial and judgment; and this will be according to the evidence of fact, and rule of judgment. All those who have made a covenant with death, and an agreement with hell, shall then be condemned with their infernal confederates, cast with them into the lake of fire, as not being entitled to eternal life, according to the rules of life laid down in the scripture; but those whose names are written in that book (that is, those that are justified and acquitted by the Gospel) shall then be justified and acquitted by the Judge, and shall enter into eternal life, having nothing more to fear from death, or Hell, or wicked men; for these are all destroyed together.
Are you concerned as to how you stand with the Bible? Does it justify you? or condemn you? The Judge of all will act by that rule. Christ shall judge the secrets of all men according to the gospel (Rom.2:16). Happy are those who have so ordered and stated their cause according to the Gospel as to know beforehand that they shall be justified in the great day of the Lord!
- A great white throne . . . glorious majesty.
- Him that sat on it . . . Is our indescribable and Almighty God.
- From whose face the earth and the heaven fled away . . . The brightness of His countenance dissolved the universe, and annihilated the laws by which it was governed. What a majestic figure this will be.
- There was found no place for them . . . The glorious majesty of God filling all things, and being all in all.
- The dead, small and great . . . ALL ranks, degrees, and conditions of men. This description seems to refer to (Dan.7:9-10).
- And the books were opened . . . (Dan.12:1). All the actions of men, whether good or bad, are written in a book, and of all they shall give account. Shoudn't we all be careful to shun evil, and to act uprightly before the holy and Almighty God? We know not if an angel is watching and writing in that book.
- According to their works . . . AND according to their faith, for their works would be proof if their faith were true or false.
- The sea gave up the dead . . . Those who had been drowned, or buried at sea, and the many killed in naval battles throughout the years, who had no other grave.
- And death . . . Possibly all who died by any kind of disease.
- And hell . . . Hades, the place of separated spirits. The sea and death have the bodies of all human beings; Hades has their spirits, and will give them up that they may be judged, and punished or rewarded according to their works, their bodies and souls must be reunited. Hades gives up the spirits; and the sea and the earth give up the bodies.
- And death and hell were cast into the lake . . . Death is now for ever abolished, and the place for separate spirits no longer needed. All dead bodies and separated souls are rejoined. There will be no more separation of bodies and souls by death to take place, consequently the existence of these things is no longer necessary.
- This is the second death . . . Death is simply separation. The first death is the separation of the soul from the body (for a season); the second death is the separation of body AND soul from God for ever. The first death shall eventually climax in a resurrection . . . a reuniting of body and soul. The second death is that from which there shall be NO recovery. By the first death, the body is destroyed during time; by the second death, body AND soul are destroyed throughout all eternity. My friend . . . you do NOT want this!
The first death is separation of body and soul. It is when all saved people (believers in Jesus) die physically and their spirits go immediately into the Presence of the Lord.
2 Corinthians 5:6-8 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: 
(For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 
We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. (KJV)
Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. (KJV) A saved person, a believer in Christ goes to his rest, the angels carry him/her into the Presence of the Lord (Luke 16:22).
BUT . . . what about an unbeliever? An unsaved person? The first death of the unsaved too is separation of body and soul. Their spirit does go back to God who gave it, as is stated here. . . BUT . . . He does NOT keep it in Heaven! He sends the souls of ALL unsaved people to the temporary Hell . . . Hades, where they shall remain securely confined, until the Great White Throne Judgment.
The unsaved (unbelievers, rejecters of Christ) are thrown into Hades (Hell) after they die physically and are kept there until the Millennial Kingdom is over. The second death refers to when the unsaved are cast into the Lake of Fire and Brimstone where they will then remain for all of eternity.
If you will notice that Revelation 20:11-14 definitely establishes that these unsaved people are kept in Hades until this judgment takes place. The verse says that "Hell delivered up the dead who were in them."
After this final judgment is pronounced, not only are the unsaved cast into the Lake of Fire and Brimstone, but Hades (Hell) itself is also cast into the Lake of Fire and Brimstone. This would then be a merger of Hades and the Lake of Fire and Brimstone.
Not only is God going to merge His Heaven with our Earth when we get the new Heaven and new Earth, but God is also going to merge Hades (Hell) with the Lake of Fire and Brimstone when all is said and done. This will be God's final and ultimate end for the saved and the unsaved.
The Bible does not give us the specific details of the nature of the torment that they will be undergoing once they are thrown into the Lake of Fire and Brimstone. And God may never tell any of us, even when we get into the new Heaven and the new Earth. It may be something that He may not want us to know about and we may be better off not knowing the full details.
Have you ever considered what percentage of humanity will never make it into the new Heaven and new Earth, and will have to spend the rest of their eternal lives in this horrible place of torment?
Some people ask: "How could a loving God create such a horrible place?" Others say: "A loving God wouldn't send me to Hell."
Considering the Parable of the Sower (Mat.13:18-23), it seems only 25% will make it to Heaven. What about what Jesus said in Luke?
Luke 18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? (KJV) Shall he find faith on the earth? . . . Or rather, Shall he find loyalty in this land? Shall he find that the soil has brought forth a harvest proportioned to the culture bestowed on it? I would want to say NO! Apostasy is growing in leaps and bounds! I cannot see how there would be even close to 25% of TRUE believers in this Earth.
What about what Jesus says in Matthew?
Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. (KJV) This is an account of the bad road of sin, and the good road of righteousness. There are ONLY TWO roads, right and wrong, good and evil; the way to Heaven, and the way to Hell. There is absolutely NO middle place in the hereafter, and NO middle road now! The difference is of the saints and sinners, godly and ungodly, saved and unsaved, believers and unbelievers.
That wide road charms multitudes into it, and keeps them on it; the gate is wide, and the way broad, and there are many travelers in that way. WHY? #1 There is an abundance of liberty on that road; the gate is wide, and stands wide open to tempt those that go on their merry way. People enter in at this gate with all their covetousness and lusts; this gate has NO checks on your appetites, or your passions: you may walk how your heart directs. You walk by sight, what you see ahead that you must have.
It is a broad way, and there is nothing to hedge in or control those that walk on it. They wander endlessly; a broad way with many many tempting paths . . . each more sinful than the last. #2 People will have abundance of company on that broad road: many there be that go in at this gate, and walk in this way.” Anyone who follows that multitude, will do evil:anyone who goes along with that crowd, will be going the WRONG way. This broad road tends to go downhill, making the journey easier. And the longer a person stays on this 'easy' road, the more difficult it will be to exit. The majority who travel this road have many friends joining them there, making the decision to 'get off' even more difficult! Those who stay on this Satanic road are willing to be damned (condemned to Hell) for the company, and shall go to Hell with them, because they absolutely will NOT go to Heaven. I consider this gate and road as a 'funnel.' People enter in at the wide end, but the longer they stay on it, the smaller it becomes, making exit from it hard.
My friend, if many perish, we should certainly be extremely cautious. It should make us tremble with fear that this wide road leads to destruction. Death, eternal death, is at the end of that wide easy road! The way of sin ALWAYS leads to everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord (2 Thes.1:8-9). Whether it be the high way of open wickedness and profaneness, or the back way of hypocrisy,the way of sin will be our ruin, if we do not repent!
What is is that scares people away from the narrow way?
#1 The first thing is that we must sit down and count the cost. Christ deals faithfully with us, and tells us: the gate is strait. Strait = hard, difficult. We will have to give up something! It may be friends, it may be a well loved sin, it may be family, etc. You will have to give up something for Jesus!
#2 Repentance and regeneration are the gate! We must know our old way of life is/was wrong. We must admit and agree with God that we are indeed sinners (Rom.3:10,23). We must by faith (Eph.2:8-9) believe God (1 John 5:10-12), and accept His One and Only Way of salvation, JESUS (John 14:6; Acts 4:12). The world says: "That road is too narrow." But, friend . . . that small road is big enough for the entire world IF they would decide to travel it.
#3 When we enter into this narrow way, in which we begin a life of faith and godliness; we go OUT OF a state of sin INTO a state of grace! We pass through the strait gate by being born again (John 3:3-8; 1:12-13). This strait gate is hard to find, and hard to get through; like a passage between two sharp rocks (1 Sam.14:4) . . . but friend, I assure you that Jesus will be there to assist you, no matter how difficult the going! You must have a new heart, and a new spirit, and old things must pass away (2 Cor.5:17). The desire of the heart must be changed . . . corrupt habits and customs broken off; what we have been doing all our lives must now be undone. We will be swimming against the current. Much opposition will stand in our way, for the devil does not want us on the narrow road with Jesus! Trials and tribulations from without and from within. It is really hard for a person to go against what he/she has done all their life, but it must be done in our conversion. It is a strait gate . . . we must stoop (humble ourselves), or we cannot get in. We must become as little children (Mat.18:3) or we will NOT get in! Any high thoughts we ever had must be brought down then stripped from our minds. We must deny ourselves (Mat.16:24), put off the old man (Eph.4:22; Col.3:8-9); we must be willing to forsake everything and/or anyone for Christ (Mat.10:37-38). The gate is strait to all people, but straiter to some such as the rich, famous and powerful. It is also strait to those who have been long prejudiced against religion, OR to those who have been in a cult. The gate is strait . . . but praise be to God, it is not shut nor locked against us (Mat.25:10), nor is it kept guarded by angels with a flaming sword.
#4 The way is narrow. We are not in Heaven as soon as we get through the strait gate, nor in the Promised Land as soon as get through the Red Sea. We must go through a wilderness, traveling a narrow way. We shall be hedged in by the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Self must be denied, the body kept under control and all corruptions mortified. Daily temptations must be resisted; duties must be done that sometimes go against our grain . . . witnessing comes to mind (Mat.28:19-20) . . . which is a direct COMMAND to ALL God's TRUE children, NOT just preachers and teachers! We shall endure hardship, wrestle against principalities and powers (Eph.6:12). We must watch in all things, and walk with care and caution. We shall go through much tribulation (Acts 14:22). When we choose the strait gate and narrow road, we shall face a road hedged with thorns that the devil plants continually. But, praise be to God, it is not hedged up that we are completely restricted. There is ALWAYS a way out! God will NEVER give us more than we can bear, ever (1 Cor.10:13). His grace is ALWAYS sufficient (2 Cor. 12:9-10). Although we are born again, we still have our old nature within us. We shall fight it (Rom.7:15-25) until we receive our new bodies like Jesus' Body (Phil.3:21). The corrupt bodies we carry with us, and the evil remaining in us make the way difficult; but, as our understanding and will grow more and more in faith, the road will open and enlarge, and grow more and more pleasant. I consider the road too as a 'funnel.' We enter it at the small end . . .but the longer we stay on it, the wider and smoother it becomes. Thank You Jesus!
#5 Since the gate is so strait and the way so narrow, it is not at all strange that there are only a few that find it, and CHOOSE to walk in it. Millions pass it by, through sheer carelessness. They do not take the time or pain to find it; they are happy where they are, and do NOT want to change the way they are traveling. They do NOT want to give up any of the things they do. Others take one brief look at it, then utterly shun it. The refuse to be so limited and restrained.
The more I study God's Holy and Pure Word, the older I get, and the more I consider this evil world, the more I KNOW Jesus is right! Those that will be going to Heaven are but a few, compared to the multitude that are going to Hell. Only a remnant (Jews) and a little flock (the church, Body of Christ) shall make it. Consider my friend, in Noah's day, only eight souls that were saved in the ark from the Flood (1 Pet.3:20). My friend . . . Jesus is the Ark today! Unless you are in the Ark, you do NOT have a chance! God shut the door (Gen.7:16) on the people back then, and He shall do it again one day soon.
Please my friend, consider Jesus! Only He has the key to Heaven! Reach out and grab it!
Gate signifies the entrance, introduction, or means of acquiring any thing. When God, shut the gate of paradise against Adam, He opened to him the gate of repentance. The way to the Kingdom of God is made sufficiently clear . . . complete assistance is promised to us in the way, and great encouragement to persevere to the end is held out in the everlasting Gospel. But people are so joined to their passions, and so determined to follow the imaginations of their hearts that there are few who find the way to heaven; fewer yet who spend any time in the way, fewer still who walk in it; and hardly any who persevere to the end. SO . . . what makes the way too narrow or too difficult to a person? SIN! If all the world would walk God's way, all would go to Heaven. The choice lies in YOUR hands!
WHY do people refuse to accept Jesus and walk the strait road? I think there is only one answer to this. God says: "Do it my way or end up in Hell!" If you choose God Way and Jesus, then you will end up with eternal life in the New Heaven and New Earth.
If you do not choose God and Jesus, then you will end up with eternal death in the Lake of Fire and Brimstone. There are NO middle roads! NO sitting on the fence! IF you do not choose the strait and narrow way, you have CHOSEN to go in the wide gate and travel the wide road! It's all or nothing. It's God or the Devil. It's Heaven or Hell. It's eternal life or eternal death. It's really all black and white. And my friend . . . there is NO purgatory! And there is NO baptism for the dead! NO second chances!
Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: (KJV) You do NOT want to be judged at the Great White Throne!!!
God the Father does NOT play games. There is only one God and one Saviour, that being Jesus Christ! There is only one way to live this life, and that is to choose Jesus as your Saviour and Lord, and then trust and obey!
Deuteronomy 30:15-20 See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;  In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it. 
But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them; 
I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, and that ye shall not prolong your days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it. 
I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: 
That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them. (KJV) God speaks through Moses to Israel here, BUT, he speaks to us too! Moses said they were to keep his commandments. So, WHAT are OUR commandments. Jesus clearly tells us in Mat. 22:36-40. It boils down to LOVE! Every man covets to obtain life and good, and to escape death and evil. He desires happiness and dreads misery. God tells us “I have shown you the way to obtain all the happiness you can desire and to avoid all misery. Be obedient, and all shall be well." Every man is governed in his actions by hope and fear, hope of good and fear of evil, real or apparent. If they would love God and serve Him, they would live and be happy (vs.16). If they should at any time turn from God, desert Him, and worship other gods this would be their ruin (vs.17-18). It is not for every failure that ruin is threatened, but for apostasy and idolatry. The claim of the New Testament is much the same. It too sets before us life and death, good and evil. He that believes shall be saved; he that believes not shall be damned (Mark 16:16). And we must remember . . . faith includes love and obedience. Trust is NOT enough! Trust AND obey! To those who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory, honour, and immortality. God will give eternal life. But to those that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness (Rom.2:7-9).
Moses puts the choice before them, with a direction to choose wisely! It is the same with us today! IF you want eternal life, YOU must choose it! IF you choose the favor of God and fellowship with Him, you shall have what you choose.
IF you come short of eternal life and happiness, you have NO one to blame except yourself! IF you choose the wrong road, God's curse shall be on you! Again, NO one to blame except yourself! “Love God, and serve him, that thou mayest dwell in that land of promise which thou mayest be sure he can give, and uphold to thee who is thy life and the length of thy days.” All these are arguments for us to continue in love and obedience to the God of mercies. The choice is up to each and every person. God will NEVER force Himself or His ways on anyone. Each person has to freely choose God and His ways with their own free will. If they don't, for whatever reason, the final consequence will be maximum death in the most horrible place imaginable. Again I tell you, you do NOT want to stand before the Great White Throne Judgment!
One last thing. Consider just why God created such a horrible place of torment. There are some people who are pure evil in this life . . . serial killers, rapists, murderers and the heads of government and massive companies who have no qualms of defrauding the common people, and leaders of nations who enslave and torture their own people.
Consider Satan himself and all of the horrors and evil he has caused throughout the history of our world. Some of these fallen angels and evil human beings deserve nothing less than eternal death, which really is consistent with their evil natures and personalities.
WHY do humans choose to live their lives on the dark road with Satan and his throng? When they do, they too become pure evil, giving God no other alternative but to throw them into this lake of fire for the eternity!
NONE of the angels or humans were born or created evil. They all became evil because they freely CHOSE to do so with their own free wills. WHY did they not choose God's way? Maybe some day our God will tell us the answer to this mystery.
But for all of you who have chosen Jesus Christ as your Saviour and Lord, and have chosen to follow God and all of His ways, you will NOT stand before the Great White Throne Judgment. Your final reward shall be eternal life . . . and this reward shall be in the New Heaven and the New Earth.
END TIMES EVENTS
All Nations Shall Go Up to New Jerusalem to Worship God
Supper Of The Lamb
The 1000 Years
The Great White Throne Judgment
New Heaven, New Earth
Rapture, And The Second Coming Of Christ
Satan Chained, Then Freed
What Is It?
Why Will It Happen?
What Do You Really Know About Resurrections?
Enoch and Elijah in Heaven
First and Second Resurrections
Great White Throne Judgment
Judgment Seat of Christ
What Happens to Souls That Die?
What Is Hell Like?